BC Transplant will award four $1500 scholarships to grade 10-12 students who lead an organ donation awareness project in their school or community during the 2022/23 school year.
- Submit a 500-1,000 word essay or short video that showcases your organ donation awareness project. This must include:
- Your personal connection to organ donation or what inspired you
- What you created and executed for your community campaign
- What you hope this campaign will achieve
- Photos from in-person events or screenshots from digital campaigns
- Quantifiable examples of how many people you reached through this campaign (if possible)
- Provide a reference letter from a teacher/community leader supporting your organ donation awareness project
- You must not be related to anyone employed at BC Transplant
Get creative - we love to see photos, videos, drawings, recordings, poems and whatever else helps you support your submission.
You might organize your whole school to participate in Green Shirt Day on April 7
, issue a social media challenge for the month of April, create an awareness video, or organize an organ donor registration drive in your community.
Watch these videos to get inspired:
- Open to grade 10-12 students who live in British Columbia
Deadline: May 5, 2023
Please submit your application to Alicia.DiCesare@bct.phsa.ca or mail it to Suite 260, 1770 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V6J 4Y6 Attention: Scholarship Program. Submissions must include your first and last name, school, city, email and phone number.
*Photos and videos may be used in BC Transplant's social media.*