BC Transplant provides oversight for all aspects of organ donation and transplantation across BC.
Every year, hundreds of British Columbians receive an organ transplant at one of BC’s three transplant hospitals. But the need for organ transplants is growing as our population ages and more people are affected by diseases that affect organs. Unfortunately, many people die waiting for a transplant.
Working in collaboration with the regional health authorities and provincial partners, BC Transplant (BCT) is focused on increasing the availability of organs for transplantation in British Columbia. BCT is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority
All British Columbians eligible for a transplant will receive one.
With compassion, collaboration and innovation, we will save lives and offer hope through organ donation, transplantation and research.
We work to achieve our vision and mission through:
- Direct delivery of organ donation activities across BC and inter-provincially, including donor management, in-hospital support, and organ retrieval
- Funding regionalized programs for pre-transplant assessment and post-transplant management in partnership with health authorities, including immunosuppressant therapies
- Investment in living and deceased donation, which includes expanding capacity for donation after cardiac death
- Maintaining policies, professional standards and clinical guidelines for donation and transplant-related activities
- Management of the province's official Organ Donor Registry and the province’s organ transplant waitlist
- Organ donor awareness and education programs
- Meeting regulatory requirements (Health Canada/Canadian Standards Association) and maintaining continuous quality improvement programs
- Developing provincial transplant related policies, professional standards, pharmaceutical guidelines, and quality monitoring and performance measurement
Provincial Operations Director, Program Development & External
|Parvind Grewal||Manager, Health Informatics and Clinical Operations|
|Heidi Butler||Clinical Operations Manager, |
Organ Donation & Hospital Development
|Dominique Khoo||Pharmacy Coordinator|
Tina Robinson||Manager, Communications and Community Relations|
|Joanna Shi||Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis|
Tom Tautorus, Ph.D||Manager, Quality Assurance|
Dr. Sean Keenan||Provincial Medical Director, |